Shopping Cart
Checkout
Stor-A-Key, Supra Lock Box Combination Resetting
Posted by Joe L on 16 September 2010 02:08 PM

How to Change the Code on Supra or Stor-A-Key Combination Lock Boxes

The following pdf files describe the procedure to reset the combination to a new code. They are two types, the standard dial combination and the pushbutton types.

You will need the current working combination and the door off the lock box in order to change the code. Sorry, there are no bypass, or secrect codes to get the door open when you do not know the combination.

Dial Combination Instructions

Pushbutton Model Instructions

Touchpoint Pushbutton Cam Lock Instructions

For more product information please visit the Stor-A-Key Page.

(169 vote(s))
This article was helpful
This article was not helpful

Comments (11)
Inder M
22 January 2012 01:09 PM
I have Supra-C series 3 model # 3023 & 3024. Forget the combination. Can I be able to reset them. If yes, then How? Original combination was "SPI"
Joe L
23 January 2012 04:44 PM
Hello, we not familiar with those model numbers, but if your original combination was set on SPI (factory default) then the "dial combination instructions" above should apply - you must have a working combination to get the access door off the Supra lock box in order to disassemble and change the combination.
Cat L
28 June 2012 08:59 AM
We have a keybox put on the wall by the previous houseowners, they did not leave the combination. Is there any way of opening the keybox (we wish to know if there is a key in it and would like to use it).
Joe L
28 June 2012 02:40 PM
If the default factory combination does not work, then the previous user has set a custom combination on the lock - there is not an override combination.
Aceware
23 December 2012 08:30 PM
I have a supra push botton combination that is unlock. Can I reset own code since it is open?
Joe L
26 December 2012 08:54 AM
Sure, click the link at the top of the page that says "Pushbutton Model Instructions". This will allow you to download a pdf file that will instruct you on the correct combination changing procedure.
Alan M
07 April 2013 11:54 AM
I have a supra push button lock box. I don't remember my combination or even how many digits in the combination. Right now it is not in lock mode and I cannot open it to store a key. Do I just need to buy a new one or is there a way to open it and reset it. I do not have the initial factory digit code either.
Joe L
08 April 2013 08:55 AM
The pushbutton models come unset from the factory, so you can push the clear button then press down on the latch to open the lid. Unfortunately, if the combination is set to a specific code by the owner, it is a random combination selected by the owner, and no override exists to open the box.
Sioban L.
05 September 2013 10:38 PM
I cannot understand the directions specifically about lining up the ponters. The top inner dial has a pointer, the other dials below look like they have tabs and nothces (both of which are on the top one also).So what are the pointers and when theyline up do they need to "point" at something. Looking at the inner workings each letter dial has a notch behind the "A". ONly when I line the letter dials so the A is aligned with the lock button is it possible to open the lock because the lock button needs to come down into the dials in that position. When it says to "place letter ring over pointers at ..choice" does it mean the my letter choice on the outside lock dial or on the inner letter dial.
Joe L
06 September 2013 04:01 PM
After you have removed the backplate and all the black dials and spacers, you rotate the combination dial to line up the nibs on all three wheels. You should visually see that each wheel has a nib, or pointer pointing towards the top of the backplate. The nib should be pointing up as shown in the diagram (pdf) file. Install the 1st black wheel to the letter of your choice over the nib, followed by spacer then next wheel, and so forth - please refer to pdf file for complete instructions.
Don T
26 April 2014 08:38 PM
Thanks for the instructions. They worked well. One note that I tried to use some machine oil to make the dial spin better but this gummed up the mechanism, which would then not unlock. After cleaning up the oil I had not problems.
Post a new comment

Full Name:
Email:
Comments:
CAPTCHA Verification

Please enter the text you see in the image into the textbox below. This is required to prevent automated registrations and form submissions.

Help Desk Software by Kayako Fusion